Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

OUR TRIP TO KELLY TARLTON'S

 In the classroom, I liked the shark jaw. I thought it would be heavy, but it was light. - Watalu

What I found interesting, was the giant squid. I thought there were only little squid. - Jessica
 I was really surprised that the lady let us touch all the stuff.  I really enjoyed the stingrays when they jumped on the lady and holding the sea stars. I learned that sea stars' bottoms are on their backs. -Belle

I learned that penguins can lose parts of their beaks. I liked the sharks because I like their top fins. - Blake.
 In the classroom, we saw a skeleton of a sea star and a sea horse, real shark jaws, penguin toenails and much more. I thought it was interesting when the lady showed us a picture of a turtle swimming past some plastic bags. The turtles think that they are jellyfish so they eat them and that is bad. I learned that sea horses can lay up to 150 eggs in one day! -Gabriella
 I found the puffer fish interesting because when it is scared it puffs up. I learned that the male sea horses carry the babies. I learned that sharks have more than one row of teeth.- Julie
 I liked the penguins. It was my first time seeing penguins. I dressed up like a penguin. - Nicolas

I learned about the carpet shark and their  egg sacks because I never knew the eggs could hang up on the coral. Those eggs are special. - Kevin Jin

 The shark skin was interesting because one side was rough and the other side was smooth. The carpet shark's eggs were really interesting. They are called mermaid's purses. I learned from the lady in the classroom to never buy turtle shells. - Ariana

3 comments:

  1. Matina (Ariana's Mum)July 15, 2012 at 5:34 PM

    What fantastic ideas! You learned a lot from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great trip. I really like the way you have added your feelings into your reflections. Keep up the good work. Miss Rodger

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous trip. Can you imagine how big those fish must be with those huge jaws!

    ReplyDelete